Chenghuang Temple (City God Temple)

Guangzhou Chenghuang Temple is also called Ducheng Temple or City God Temple. It is next to the Nanyue Palace Museum. It was built in the 3rd year of Hongwu in the Ming Dynasty (1370). It is the largest Chenghuang Temple in Lingnan during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Now it is part of the Qing Dynasty reconstruction. The main hall and worship pavilion are Guangzhou-level cultural relics protection units, which have been freely opened to the public in recent years.




In the hall of the Chenghuang Temple, the three city priests are worshipped by Liu Han, the founder of the South Han Dynasty, and the famous Hai Rui and Yang Jisheng. In the main hall, there is a painting mural of more than 240 square meters, which is a painting of 132 gods, including Pangu, Nüwa, Guanyin, Jade Emperor and Sihai Dragon King. It is very rare and must not be missed.


In addition, the Guangfu Temple Fair held during the Lantern Festival every year is also held here. There are many people and they are especially lively.



  • CN Name: 城隍庙
  • EN Address: No. 48, Zhongyou Street, Zhongshan 4th Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (Wende Road)
  • CN Address: 广州市越秀区中山四路忠佑大街48号(文德路口)
  • Nearby Hotel Pick: Hotel Canton
  • Getting There: Take line 1 to Peasant Movement Institute Station and walk about 7 min from exit D
  • Open Hours: Open all day

You may also like...